WHITE RABBIT ARTS CALL FOR STAFF - 2018
Assistant Coordinator : Red Clay Arts Festival and Summer Arts Program
Job Description: Coordination of the White Rabbit Arts residency, festival and summer workshop program. The assistant coordinator will be employed by and report to the board of directors of the Red Clay Studio Society (RCSS).
White Rabbit is a national artist residency and regional festival located in Upper Economy Nova Scotia. It consists of a program of summer artists workshops, a 10-day residency attended by 15 artists and a public exhibition and festival where the work of the artists is presented. The White Rabbit festival is a 3-day festival that attracts over 250 visitors each year. The festival is supported by private donations, admission fees and hundreds of hours of volunteer time.
The position is based on 37.5 hours per week for an 8 week period from June until August . Wage rate is $11.00 per hour.
The successful candidate will work at Red Clay farm prior to and during the 4 summer workshops (June, July and August) and during a 4-day set-up period prior to the WR residency and throughout the residency/festival etc. and for a 2 day revitalization period following.
- The assistant coordinator position will have the following responsibilities:
- Marketing and promotion of summer arts programming
- Communication with workshop leaders and registration of potential participants
- Website and social media management
- Coordination of facilities and workshop spaces
- Support with planning and coordination of accommodations, meals etc.
- Assistance in scheduling and programming
- Festival planning, logistics and coordination.
Please submit a resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com with the subject heading Summer Student 2018. Familiarity with past Red Clay programming and the Red Clay site in Upper Economy, Nova Scotia, will be considered positive assets in the evaluation of applicants.
Deadline for applications: May 25th, 2018